Lockheed L188 Electra
Certified for FS2004

Download L188 Electra

Lockheed L188 Electra / Range 2,500 mi  / Max. Cruise Speed - 352 kts @ 22,000'  / Cargo Version
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Specifications

Cockpit Crew......................................... 3
Seating Capacity.................................... 98 passengers or Cargo Version
Length.................................................. 104 ft 6 in (31.85 m)
Wingspan............................................. 99 ft 0 in (30.18 m)
Height.................................................. 32 ft 10 in (10.00 m)
MTOW (Max-Take-off Weight)................ 113,000 lb (51,256 kg)
Service Ceiling...................................... 32,000 ft (9,753 m)
Range (Full Payload)..................................... 2,200-2,500 miles
Engines.............4 Allison 501-D13 turboprop engines, 3,750 eshp (2,800 kW) each
Total Produced ................. 170

-------------------------------------------------------------------
ROLE

Lockheed L188 Electra

The Lockheed Model 188 Electra is an American turboprop
airliner built by Lockheed. First flying in 1957, it was the first large
 turboprop airliner produced in the United States. Initial sales were
 good, but after two fatal crashes which prompted an expensive
modification program to fix a design defect, no further orders were
placed. The type was soon replaced by turbojet airliners, and many
were modified as freighters and the type continues to operate in various
roles into the 21st Century. The airframe was also used as the
basis for the Lockheed P-3 Orion maritime patrol aircraft.

Production ended in 1961 after only 170 aircraft had been built. Although
 their use continued throughout the 1970s and 1980s for passenger
operations, most of the aircraft currently in service are operated as
freighters. Others were retired from passenger and converted for air cargo
use, 40 airframes being modified by a subsidiary of Lockheed from 1968
with either one or two large doors in the left side of the fuselage and a reinforced cabin floor.